MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEERING CONSULTANT
BatchOne enables hardware startups to develop, manufacture and sell breakthrough products by offering hands on support, access to capital, technical resources as well as the knowledge and experience of our industry partners.
The company is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineering Consultant on a freelance basis with a background in product development and manufacturing to join the team in Munich, Germany. The BatchOne service will have a significant impact on the European Hardware Startup Scene and as such the role presents an excellent opportunity to be part of this revolution.
As a partner of BatchOne, you will help to create next generation products with leading hardware startups and conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define many industries and markets alike. You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering, Software, Testing, Manufacturing and Assembly.
- Design and develop parts and assemblies using Solidworks
- Oversee construction of tooling for new parts, with an emphasis on plastic injection molding tools
- Support manufacturing by leading troubleshooting efforts and making follow up design changes
- Developing deep technical knowledge in areas outside your realm of expertise to understand other teams' design constraints and craft creative solutions to technical problems
- Demonstrated 7+ years of mechanical design experience in consumer electronics and/or industrial products
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks, minimum 5 years’ experience required. Experience with surfacing preferred.
- University degree in design or engineering
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), Technical Documentation and Manufacturing Ramp up
- Experience with designing parts for injection molding, stamping, and casting
- Hands on experience in common forms of fabrication (machining, sheet metal, injection molding, casting and/or rapid prototyping)
- Experience working with fabricated parts suppliers
- Ability to independently plan work and balance multiple priorities to meet design goals and customer requirements
- Occasional business trips (mainly DACH region) may be required
- Fluent in English and German
- Mandarin language skills are a benefit
The successful applicant will be a highly organized self-starter with a meticulous approach to work and a high level of attention to detail. You will possess excellent team working and communication skills, and will be able to work unsupervised in a high pressure startup environment.
This role will be based at our Headquarter in Munich, Germany.
HOW TO APPLY
Would you like to learn more about the vision of BatchOne, then please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for BatchOne! Also, show us some of your projects you are proud of.
PLEASE SEND THE APPLICATION TO email@example.com